Sunday, August 31, 2008

Thing 14: LibraryThing

I had a lot of fun with this and spent a lot of time on the site. I added some of my books, put LibraryThing on my blog, added a showoff thingie, added the combined RSS feed to my feed aggregator, joined Librarians who LibraryThing, and marveled at the helpful Haiku hints!

At Hennepin County Libraries, we have a social area called BookSpace where people can create and share booklists and discuss books. It would be great if you could add LibraryThing to your profile!

This would also be for interlibrary social sharing -- what are my colleagues reading?

You wouldn't have to limit yourself to books you own -- you could choose to list books you've read. This would be a more complete view of my reading habits. I buy very few books since I work at the library. Most of the books in my personal library are old, and/or second-hand, and/or quirky garage-sale, second-hand, or library sale books.javascript:void(0)

No comments: