Monday, September 1, 2008

Thing 15: Gaming

That was certainly humbling!

Through much trial, error, and stumbling, I did learn two different roles in Puzzle Pirates, bilging and carpentering.

This sort of thing is very hard to learn by reading about it. It's better to learn as the kids do, by watching someone play, then playing with a bunch of self-appointed coachers standing around back-seat driving for you.

I had trouble navigating around the game. My slow computer speed and old-fashioned mouse were other impediments. For carpentering, you could change the orientation of the pieces with the right click and center dial. I had to use c, x, and z, which was confusing.

The older gamers had to make do with keyboard letters for directions, so I know it's doable, but it wasn't much fun.

However, I may be addicted to bilging. The colors and patterns are mesmerizing. I played again and again . . . and again.

This was one of the hardest yet for me to complete!

No comments: