Saturday, August 30, 2008

Thing 11: Tags and Del.icio.us

I had already tagged some of my Ex Libris 2.0 posts, but I added more.

I've been using del.icio.us for about three years, and love it. I am a substitute librarian, and a temp worker, so I move around a LOT, and was actively looking for web-based bookmark storage. I thought I would have to create a web site, which wouldn't have been a bad idea, but del.icio.us is much more fun and easy.

I loved the availabililty of an ocean of bookmarks on 23Things del.icio.us site. I particularly appreciate the "new23"tag.

Despite my lengthy use of del.icio.us for my own bookmarks, I had never really explored looking for particular tags, or popular tags, or tracing through tags to see what other things that person had bookmarked. Useful features! I'm glad I know about them now.

This is one of the Things that brought on brain freeze -- just too many links too click, just one more thing to look at and one more . . . and it's 2:00 a.m!

No comments: