Saturday, May 9, 2009

Thing 41: Mash up your life

Image representing FriendFeed as depicted in C...Image via CrunchBase

I set up Friendfeed and then never got around to checking it. When I finally did, it was great! Particularly for tne people I follow on twitter like mashable and Robert Scoble. I also like seeing all my social ap content on my Facebook page!

It is a timesaver. I have a Firefox tool that pops up my Twitter and Facebook feeds, but when I'm trying to get work done it can be fatal to follow some of those intriguing links. I like the formaat on FriendFeed better than on Twitter. It's easier to follow up on those leads, especially from prolific posters like -- well, mashable and Scoble. I subscribe to Jay Rosen, and I wish he was on Friendfeed.

I also have some personal/professional friends. librarians I don't see often, so it's fun to see both their personal and professional posts. Right now only one is a frequent user. I'm afraid others have set up Friendfeed as part of More Things, so it will be interesting to see if they continue once they complete the Things.

I like this more than I thought I would. The more active your professional community,the more useful this would be.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: