Friday, September 12, 2008

Thing 21: Other Social Networks

If I ever do this again, I'm going to call my blog "23 Gadgets." My blog feels like gadget heaven!

I looked at Gather.com, WebJunction, and several of the suggested Nings, but nothing really caught my eye. Gather.com was too unfocused, even the MPR areas. WebJunction is interesting, but I wasn't interested in any of the groups.

I was already a member of the Midwest Library Technology Conference Ning (see **gadget**), but the last posts were from the end of June.

Some of the nings and groups are inactive. I think there has to be a core group that actively participates or things fade out, especially when the membership is large and impersonal. One of the many bloggers I subscribe to posted that opinion recently, and I agree. I didn't "star" the post, and can't find it now.

I joined Shelfari and the New Releases group, put the shelf on two of my blogs.

The Library 2.0 ning, the last I looked at, seems like a good possibility, so I joined that too.

I think the New Releases group on Shelfari and the Library 2.0 ning will be good fits, with some good chances to connect with others.

No comments: