Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Thing 32: Google Maps

This was fun! And though I can't say I became an expert, I made a map of the driving routes I used to take to my kids' schools. I added Matt's Bar from the "Search Nearby" ap, as well as some pictures of the schools and a marker for Powderhorn Park.

This brought back memories of a lot of miles and a few Juicy Lucy's!The photo doesn't make it look very appealing, but if you want an All-American greasy burger, try the Juicy Lucy!

One library possibility is to do a map mashup so people could see all the locations which have a desired book. Right now you can click on link to a map for each site, but a map showing all sites would help people decide which one to go to.

You could do maps showing most popular books at a library, or variations across the system.


View Driving Tour of Schools in a larger map





Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: