Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Thing 26: Ning



I joined the 23 Things On A Stick ning in the first round, but as you commented, it was toward the end of the list, and I was completing the list toward the end of the time allotted! So I didn't use it much. One friend, who is always ahead of me on these Things, already friended me for this round, and we exchanged comments.

I was decluttering my Thing blog recently and got rid of the Ning badge. It's back now. The widgets didn't appeal to me, since I don't have a music or YouTube collection. That goes on the Maybe Someday list.

I started a group for Hennepin County Library Thing-ers, but I didn't have an e-mail address to invite my friend. It didn't work to just put in her ning name. I also couldn't upload a new picture to replace the cruddy one I accidentally uploaded.

I hope this WILL be more social this time. I think we all have a better idea of using social networks since last time -- there's a whole lot of Facebook going on, for one thing, and it's a great way to keep in touch with friends at other branches.

None of the other groups seemed appropriate. I was trying to think of a group that would span across library systems, like "Librarians who depend too much on caffeine." Still working on it. "Librarians who Shhh!"--too confessional. Still looking for an idea for this. . .

I added a video of Marian the Librarian. Love that Shirley Jones!

I have been part of two nings, this ning from Round 1, and the Midwestern Tech Conference ning from last winter. Both were disappointing; if there was much social activity going on, I didn't find it. I did use the Midwestern Tech Conference ning for the content posted there. Maybe that is how we will use our 46 Things Ning.

No comments: