Saturday, February 7, 2009

More Things! Thing 24: Pimp My Blog












Now I remember how much time you can spend playing around with the Things. I just spent half an hour looking for a new free Blogger template, but ended up with the one I'd already chosen from Blogger's limited repertoire.

I changed the number of posts to show only one at a time, and added an Archive gadget.

BLOG PROMPTS: How much have you blogged since you finished the 23 Things On a Stick?
What do you like about blogging? Have you found other blogs to read? Do you comment on others' blogs?


My blogging has slowed down. I closed down Ex Libris 2.0 with a link to the Substitute Librarian Blog, but I haven't been blogging much there because hours for subs have been so few, it didn't seem worth it.

I continue to post on "Paper Baubles," my books and reading blog.

I blog about my interests and enthusiasms. In the daily rush you don't get much of a chance to hold forth on a subject, or to think something through. On my blog I can do that, and edit too! I find out what I think by writing.

Thanks to the 23 Things, I have tons of blogs I follow. So many, in fact, that I'm not sure I can say I follow them! I subscribe to 60, which even as I write it sounds ludicrous. Time to prune some more. I have a handful of "web 2.0" blogs I follow, a handful of book reviews and book news blogs, a lot of general library blogs, and some arts and crafts blogs just for fun. I can't keep up with anyone who posts a lot, so I have gradually eliminated them from my list. They tend to be the more technical ones, and while I like to keep up, I'm not THAT interested!

I comment on a few blogs, but mostly just to say I like the post.

With my home computer hopelessly slow on the Internet, and very few hours at my desk during work, I'm going online at the public computers (at my favorite libraries that extend your time if there is no queue)for any and all things online. "More Things" is a higher priority than reading blogs, unfortunately.

No comments: